    SubjectRe: Stop the Linux kernel madness

    4Front Technologies wrote:
    > thinkliberty wrote:
    >> Can't you just supply SUSE users with a new kernel RPM or patch that
    >> you package to work with your program or kernel module?
    >> It's not the best situation, but what other choice do you have? Other
    >> companies do it.
    >> See:
    > Our software doesn't need any patches like Win4Lin. Our software works
    > off the standard Linux kernel sources (if they were intact).
    > THe problem here is that SuSE has gone and changed all the kernel headers
    > so that now software doesn't compile. It does work if you were using
    > the stock sources.

    If SuSE is such a problem for you, then don't support their distro.

    The GPL explicitly allows them to do what they are doing with their
    kernels. There is nothing unethical about them shipping patched kernels
    and calling them "Linux".

    The problem is not with SuSE. The problem is with your expectations.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.020 / U:184.368 seconds]