    SubjectRe: Stop the Linux kernel madness
    Roman Zippel wrote:
    > Hi,
    > On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, 4Front Technologies wrote:
    >>It's time everybody started to pay some attention to in-kernel interfaces because
    >>Linux has graduated out of your personal sandbox to where other people want to use
    >>Linux and they aren't kernel developers.
    > Look into your own diapers, learn the meaning of "documented interfaces"
    > and come back if you can show that SuSE broke exactly this.
    > bye, Roman

    Like when did you start developing for Linux?. We go back as far as 1991. OK?
    No need for such attacks. Look Andrew thinks we have a problem here and let's
    work this issue out for the betterment of Linux.

    The problem with SuSE is that /lib/modules/2.6.5-7.75/build is all screwy. Either
    you do the right thing like Fedora or Redhat and ship the proper KBUILD environment
    or link it to /usr/src/linux and atleast have the kernel headers intact.

    Additionally, there are glaring problems with their headers. Why don't you
    take a look at - it's a diff against
    Linux 2.6.5 and it's 12.8Megs of diffs!. For heavens' sake, with so many diffs
    they should be calling their kernel 3.x or something or stop using the Linux 2.6.xx naming

    best regards
    Dev Mazumdar
    4Front Technologies
    4035 Lafayette Place, Unit F, Culver City, CA 90232, USA
    Tel: 310 202 8530 Fax: 310 202 0496 URL:

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.020 / U:9.108 seconds]