    SubjectRe: Stop the Linux kernel madness
    On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 05:09:17PM -0700, 4Front Technologies wrote:
    > Hi Folks,
    > I am writing this message to bring a huge problem to light. SuSE has been
    > systematically
    > forking the linux kernel and shipping all kinds of modifications and still
    > call their
    > kernels 2.6.5 (for example).
    > Either they ship the stock Linux kernel sources or they stop calling their
    > distributions
    > as Linux-2.6.x based.
    > Kernel headers are being changed willy-nilly and SuSE are completely
    > running rough-shod
    > over the linux kernel with the result ONLY software from SuSE works.

    "Software" == "3rd-party kernel modules" in this case, right?

    Remember what had been told to you about in-kernel interfaces? That's
    right, that they can be changed at zero notice. Now, if SuSE told you
    otherwise, you might have a cause to complain. Had they?

    If they'd promised in-kernel interface stability and lied - sure, go ahead
    and nail them to the wall. If not - STFU and eat what you are bloody given.

    Al, not particulary fond of SuSE, but even less so - of misdirecting wankers
    like that...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.020 / U:126.692 seconds]