Subject2.6.7-mjb1
The patchset is meant to be pretty stable, not so much a testing ground.
Main differences from mainline are:

1. Better performance & resource consumption, particularly on larger machines.
2. Diagnosis tools (kgdb, early_printk, etc).
3. Kexec support.
4. ivtv drivers

I'd be very interested in feedback from anyone willing to test on any
platform, however large or small.

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mbligh/2.6.7/patch-2.6.7-mjb1.bz2

Since the last release (~ = changed, + = added, - = dropped)

Notes:

Now in Linus' tree:

- scheduler_2.6.5_rc3_mm1 Nick Piggin
sched_domains code

- frameptr_stackdump Adam Litke
- frameptr_stackdump_tweak Adam Litke
Dump stacks by frame pointers

- move_page_tables Hugh Dickins
Change move_page_tables from int to unsigned long

- object_based_objrmap Dave McCracken
Object based rmap for filebacked pages.

- ia64_rmap_build_fix Hugh Dickins
- unmap_nonlinear Hugh Dickins
- slab-panic Hugh Dickins
- remove_pte_chains Hugh Dickins
- add_anonmm_rmap Hugh Dickins
- mremap_moves Hugh Dickins
- pgtable_remove_rmap Hugh Dickins
- include_asm_deletions Hugh Dickins
- i_shared_lock Martin J. Bligh / Andrew Morton
Object based rmap work, round 1.

- numa_api Andi Kleen
Userspace NUMA API.

- i_shared_lock_fixes Hugh Dickins
- vma_adjust Hugh Dickins
- pretend_prio_tree Hugh Dickins
- real_prio_tree Rajesh Venkatasubramanian
- i_mmap_nonlinear Hugh Dickins
- arch_prio_tree Rajesh Venkatasubramanian
- exit_rmap Hugh Dickins
Object based rmap work, round 2 (ding, ding).

- irq_vector James Cleverdon
Fix irq vector limits for Summit

- max_mp_busses James Cleverdon
Increase MAX_MP_BUSSES

- find_busiest_group Martin J. Bligh
Ditch a spurions oops from find_busiest_group()

Dropped:

- implicit_hugetlb Adam Litke
Implicit allocation of huge pages

- hugetlb_dyn_as Adam Litke
Dynamic huge pages.

- aio-retry
- 4g4g-aio-hang-fix
- aio-retry-elevated-refcount
- aio-splice-runlist
- aio-wait-page
- aio-fs_read
- aio-upfront-readahead
- aio-cancel-fix
- aio-read-immediate
- aio-pipe
- aio-context-switch
- writepages_range
- fix_writeback_range
- fix_writepages_range
- fdatawrite_range
- O_SYNC-speedup
- aio_wait_on_page_writeback_range
- aio-O_SYNC
- aio-poll
- aio_putioctx_flushworkqueue
AIO filesystem support Suparna et al.

- sysfs_d_fsdata_race_fix_2 Maneesh Soni
- sysfs_symlinks_fix Maneesh Soni
- kobject_set_name_cleanup_01 Maneesh Soni
- sysfs_rename_dir_cleanup Maneesh Soni
- sysfs_backing_store1 Maneesh Soni
- sysfs_backing_store2 Maneesh Soni
- sysfs_backing_store3 Maneesh Soni
- sysfs_backing_store4 Maneesh Soni
- sysfs_backing_store5 Maneesh Soni
- sysfs_backing_store6 Maneesh Soni
Make sysfs more efficient in its usage of lowmem

New:

+ no_clone_balance Martin J. Bligh
Disable balance on clone

+ kexec_fixup Martin J. Bligh
Port kexec forwards

Pending:

config_page_offset
per_node_rss
local_balance_exec
reluctance in cross-node balance (less_bouncy)
sched tunables patch
emulex update
NUMA membinding API
x86_64 update
config_numasched
sched tunables (reinstante)
list_of_lists
Child runs first (akpm)
Netdump

Present in this patch:

-mjb Martin J. Bligh
Add a tag to the makefile

kgdb Various
Stolen from akpm's 2.6.0-mm1, includes fixes

kgdboe_netpoll Matt Mackall et al.
Kgdb over ethernet support that works with the netpoll infrastructure

kgdboe_build_fix Andrew Morton
Fix kgdboe stuff so non-ia32 platforms build

kgdb_x86_64 Jim Houston
Support kgdb on x86_64

kgdb_gdb6_patches Jim Houston
Patches for gdb to support kgdb on x86_64, under scripts/kgdb/

ppc64_reloc_hide Anton Blanchard / Paul Mackerras
PPC 64 fixups

spinlock_inlining Andrew Morton & Martin J. Bligh
Inline spinlocks for profiling. Made into a ugly config option by me.

lockmeter John Hawkes / Hanna Linder
Locking stats.

lockmeter_ia64 Ray Bryant
Add a config option for lockmeter on ia64

lockmeter_notsc Martin J. Bligh
Lockmeter does not require CONFIG_X86_TSC.

oops_dump_preceding_code Andrew Morton
dump opcodes preceding and after the offending EIP.

confighz Andrew Morton / Dave Hansen
Make HZ a config option of 100 Hz or 1000 Hz

numameminfo Martin Bligh / Keith Mannthey
Expose NUMA meminfo information under /proc/meminfo.numa

reinline_copy_user Martin J. Bligh
Stick the damned thing back inline to resolve conflicts.

4g4g Ingo Molnar
Provide a 4G/4G user/kernel split for 32 bit memory lushes.

4g_zap_low_mappings Martin Lorenz
stop zap_low_mappings from being __init

4g4g_locked_copy Dave McCracken
Fix locking bug in 4/4 split

disable preempt Martin J. Bligh
I broke preempt somehow, temporarily disable it to stop accidents

aiofix2 Mingming Cao
fixed a bug in ioctx_alloc()

percpu_real_loadavg Dave Hansen / Martin J. Bligh
Tell me what the real load average is, and tell me per cpu.

gfp_node_strict Dave Hansen
Add a node strict binding as a gfp mask option

irqbal_fast Adam Litke
Balance IRQs more readily

kcg Adam Litke
Acylic call graphs from the kernel. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

kcg_gcc_detect Adam Litke
Detect older gcc versions that don't work with mcount, and crap out

numa_mem_equals Dave Hansen
mem= command line parameter NUMA awareness.

autoswap Con Kolivas
Auto-tune swapiness

kswapd_divide_by_zero

emulex driver Emulex
Driver for emulex fiberchannel cards

multiple_emulex Mike Anderson
Allow multiple Emulex cards

protocol254 Paul Mackerras / Omkhar
Allow protocol 254

slabtune Dave McCracken
Take slab in bigger bites on larger machines

topdown Bill Irwin
Turn userspace upside down for fun & profit

fasync_lock_rcu Manfred Spraul
Use RCU for fasync_lock

kexec Eric Biederman et al.
Exec a kernel for breakfast today.

kexec_fixup Martin J. Bligh
Port kexec forwards

vma_statistics Martin J. Bligh
Provide per VMA stats

per_task_TUB Adam Litke
Per task TASK_UNMAPPED_BASE

per_task_TUB_PPC32 Anton Blanchard
Enable per-task TASK_UMAPPED_BASE on PPC32

ivtv Kevin Thayer / Steven Fuerst
Driver for ivtv (includes Hauppauge PVR 250 / 350)
Written by Kevin Thayer, ported to 2.6 by Steven Fuerst
Version 0.1.9

vgtod1 John Stultz
vgtod2 John Stultz
vgtod3 John Stultz
Vsyscall gettimeofday for ia32

physnode_map Martin J. Bligh
Hack around problem of missing area in physnode_map

sched_tunables R. Love / Darren Hart
Provide sched tunables to play with on a rainy day.

zone_gap Andy Whitcroft
Fix up the gap between ZONE_NORMAL and ZONE_HIGHMEM on NUMA.

schedstats Rick Lindsley
Provide lotsa scheduler statistics

schedstats-tools Rick Lindsley
Grub around in lotsa scheduler statistics

amd64_sched Darren Hart
Make AMD scheduler behave as flat SMP, not NUMA

cpu_shutdown_race Andy Whitcroft
Fix up race during tlb_flush_others on shutdown

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.028 / U:0.320 seconds]