SubjectRe: more files with licenses that aren't GPL-compatible
Date
Am Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2004 23:21 schrieb David Schwartz:
>     b) You must cause any work that you distribute or publish, that in
>     whole or in part contains or is derived from the Program or any
>     part thereof, to be licensed as a whole at no charge to all third
>     parties under the terms of this License.
>
>         How can you cause the Linux kernel combined with this firmware to be
> licensed under the terms of the GPL? (And, by the way, I think this
> prohibits trademark as well, which is very interesting.)

This all boils down to the question of whether fimware is code or not.
As this question is extremely unlikely to be resolved on this list and
was discussed here several times already, I kindly request that
you take this discussion to a legalistic list and confine traffic of this
kind on this list to clear and technical issues.

TIA
Oliver

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.105 / U:0.308 seconds]