SubjectRe: AT Keyboard (was: Helge Hafting vs. make menuconfig help)
> 4. From there, the key is propagated through tty and
> console and ends up in your application. This application
> might be X, which passes the key onto some program using X.

I am insterested in the 4. itself.

What's the console? I get a feeling that it's where kernel writes it's debug
messages but sometimes else I get a feeling it's the text output of the
machine at all.

And what are the ttys? And does the key go first into console and then tty,
or the other way?