SubjectRe: more about serial console
From
On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 08:04:36PM -0400, foo@porto.bmb.uga.edu wrote:
> The other weird thing I have seen is with the serial console. After
> init loads the net bonding module and the network comes up, the serial
> console output stops, as though I had typed ^s. If I type a character
> (doesn't seem to matter what), instead of that character printing I see
> the next character of console output. I have to hold down a key for a
> few seconds to get the next few lines of output, then it starts printing
> on its own again. I've seen this with 2.6.7-rc3-bk4 and 2.6.6, not with
> 2.6.5 (I booted 2.6.6 by accident yesterday, I don't know how it does
> with NFS).

More experience with 2.6.7-rc3-bk6: this is basically the same, although
the console stalled twice during one boot, once after mounting all the
filesystems and then again after the ethernet comes up (as always).

Also, I was wrong about getting one character of output for each that I
type - it looks like I get 16 characters (if that many are available to
be printed, seemingly).

-ryan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.076 / U:0.452 seconds]