SubjectAT Keyboard (was: Helge Hafting vs. make menuconfig help)
> In 2.4.x, the transition from "old-style" input drivers to new-style
> (Input API) was never finished. Instead, Input API was introduced, and
> HID devices reported their input to Input API, while old drivers still
> used all their old ways to deliver their input.

I (hopefully correctly) assume that one of the old ones is AT keyboard.

What happens when I press a key on keyboard and the application that
has the keyboard somehow on it's stdin reads a key? What happens between
the two events and how does it travel inside the kernel?

I know how the keys can be read from port 0x60 or whichever.

Cl<

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.090 / U:0.072 seconds]