lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2004]   [May]   [8]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
From
SubjectRe: BUG: 2.6.6-rc3 on SMP/SPARC64 (Sun E3000) & MD / ksymoops output
Date
Output from ksymoops is attached below.

On Friday 07 May 2004 10:49, you wrote:
> I've been trying to get 2.6.6-rc3 to work in SMP mode on my E3000
> without much success yet. It boots fine with a uniprocessor kernel,
> but trying to enable SMP gives me this as the last few lines of the
> kernel messages (booted with -p early printk option):
>

ksymoops 2.4.9 on sparc64 2.4.26-sparc64-smp. Options used
-v /usr/src/linux-2.6.6-rc3/vmlinux (specified)
-K (specified)
-L (specified)
-o /lib/modules/2.4.26-sparc64-smp/ (default)
-m /usr/src/linux-2.6.6-rc3/System.map (specified)

No modules in ksyms, skipping objects
Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference
tsk->{mm,active_mm}->context = 0000000000000000
tsk->{mm,active_mm}->pgd = fffff8000040f000
\|/ ____ \|/
"@'/ .. \`@"
/_| \__/ |_\
\__U_/
swapper(0): Oops [#1]
TSTATE: 0000009980f01603 TPC: 000000000044b704 TNPC: 000000000044b708 Y:
000000d
Using defaults from ksymoops -t elf32-sparc -a sparc
g0: 00000000006c5c00 g1: 00000000000007f0 g2: 0000000000000000 g3:
0000000000628
g4: 0000000000622000 g5: 0000000000000000 g6: 000000000061e000 g7:
0000000000000
o0: 000000000000007d o1: 0000000000008000 o2: fffff8000005c440 o3:
00000000006a0
o4: 0000000000621d98 o5: 0000000000000008 sp: 00000000006214e1 ret_pc:
00000000c
l0: 00000000006a11b8 l1: 00000000006c7400 l2: 00000000006c5c00 l3:
0000000000620
l4: 000000000000fe83 l5: 0000000000000003 l6: 0000000000000000 l7:
0000000000620
i0: 0000000000622000 i1: 0000000000000002 i2: 00000000006a11b8 i3:
fffff80000030
i4: 0000000000000001 i5: fffff8000003de98 i6: 00000000006215b1 i7:
000000000068c

>>PC; 0044b704 <wake_up_forked_process+1e4/280> <=====

>>g0; 006c5c00 <__log_buf+7d50/8000>
>>g4; 00622000 <init_task+0/580>
>>g6; 0061e000 <init_thread_union+0/4000>
>>o4; 00621d98 <init_thread_union+3d98/4000>
>>sp; 006214e1 <init_thread_union+34e1/4000>
>>l0; 006a11b8 <per_cpu__runqueues+0/1260>
>>l1; 006c7400 <uidhash_table+ef0/1000>
>>l2; 006c5c00 <__log_buf+7d50/8000>
>>i0; 00622000 <init_task+0/580>
>>i2; 006a11b8 <per_cpu__runqueues+0/1260>
>>i6; 006215b1 <init_thread_union+35b1/4000>

Instruction DUMP: 9a01e008 82006020 c2762038 <c4586008> c6706008
82102001 c
Error (Oops_code_values): invalid value 0xc in Code line, must be 2, 4,
8 or 16 digits, value ignored


Code; 0044b6f8 <wake_up_forked_process+1d8/280>
00000000 <_PC>:
Code; 0044b6f8 <wake_up_forked_process+1d8/280>
0: 9a 01 e0 08 add %g7, 8, %o5
Code; 0044b6fc <wake_up_forked_process+1dc/280>
4: 82 00 60 20 add %g1, 0x20, %g1
Code; 0044b700 <wake_up_forked_process+1e0/280>
8: c2 76 20 38 unknown
Code; 0044b704 <wake_up_forked_process+1e4/280>
c: c4 58 60 08 unknown
Code; 0044b708 <wake_up_forked_process+1e8/280>
10: c6 70 60 08 unknown
Code; 0044b70c <wake_up_forked_process+1ec/280>
14: 82 10 20 01 mov 1, %g1
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill the idle task!

> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> CENTRAL: Detected 4 slot Enterprise system. cfreg[aa] cver[fc]
> FHC(board 1): Version[1] PartID[fa0] Manuf[3e] (CENTRAL)
> FHC(board 5): Version[1] PartID[fa0] Manuf[3e] (JTAG Master)
> FHC(board 7): Version[1] PartID[fa0] Manuf[3e]
> FHC(board 1): Version[1] PartID[fa0] Manuf[3e]
> FHC(board 3): Version[1] PartID[fa0] Manuf[3e]
> Built 1 zonelists
> Kernel command line: root=/dev/sda1 ro -p
> PID hash table entries: 2048 (order 11: 32768 bytes)
> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference
> tsk->{mm,active_mm}->context = 0000000000000000
> tsk->{mm,active_mm}->pgd = fffff8000040f000
> \|/ ____ \|/
> "@'/ .. \`@"
> /_| \__/ |_\
> \__U_/
> swapper(0): Oops [#1]
> TSTATE: 0000009980f01603 TPC: 000000000044b704 TNPC: 000000000044b708
> Y: 000000d TPC: <wake_up_forked_process+0x1e4/0x280>
> g0: 00000000006c5c00 g1: 00000000000007f0 g2: 0000000000000000 g3:
> 0000000000628 g4: 0000000000622000 g5: 0000000000000000 g6:
> 000000000061e000 g7: 0000000000000 o0: 000000000000007d o1:
> 0000000000008000 o2: fffff8000005c440 o3: 00000000006a0 o4:
> 0000000000621d98 o5: 0000000000000008 sp: 00000000006214e1 ret_pc:
> 00000000c RPC: <wake_up_forked_process+0x15c/0x280>
> l0: 00000000006a11b8 l1: 00000000006c7400 l2: 00000000006c5c00 l3:
> 0000000000620 l4: 000000000000fe83 l5: 0000000000000003 l6:
> 0000000000000000 l7: 0000000000620 i0: 0000000000622000 i1:
> 0000000000000002 i2: 00000000006a11b8 i3: fffff80000030 i4:
> 0000000000000001 i5: fffff8000003de98 i6: 00000000006215b1 i7:
> 000000000068c I7: <sched_init+0x12c/0x1a0>
> Instruction DUMP: 9a01e008 82006020 c2762038 <c4586008> c6706008
> 82102001 c Kernel panic: Attempted to kill the idle task!
> In idle task - not syncing
> <0>Press L1-A to return to the boot prom
> ---------------------------
>
> I've posted my .config, System.map, (uniproc) dmesg (from klogd), and
> (2.4.26) /proc/cpuinfo files to:
> http://x-ray.rcs.purdue.edu/linux-2.6.6-rc3-e3000.config
> http://x-ray.rcs.purdue.edu/linux-2.6.6-rc3-e3000.System.map
> http://x-ray.rcs.purdue.edu/linux-2.6.6-rc3-e3000.dmesg
> http://x-ray.rcs.purdue.edu/linux-2.4.26-e3000.cpuinfo
>
> I have not yet tested any other versions on it.
>
> Also, I've noticed the md driver seems to have problems with data
> corruption (it overwrites other partitions on the same disk, or the
> disklabel even). I've noticed this problem under 2.6.5 on my Sun
> Ultra 60, as well. Is it an UltrSparc issue, or is it more general?
>
> Pat

--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS --- http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/
The Computer Refuge --- http://computer-refuge.org
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [from the cache]
©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans