SubjectRe: Random file I/O regressions in 2.6
Andrew Morton wrote:

> Sorry, I do not understand that paragraph at all.
> All forms or pagecache population need to examine the pagecache to find out
> if the page is already there. This involves pagecache lookups. We want
> the read code to "learn" that the requested pages are all coming from cache
> and to stop doing those lookups altogether.

Yeah I think I have an idea of what the basic problems are,
but I'd have to understand things better before I know if I
am really on the right track.

My idea would probably also involve redoing some of the code
code too, so at the moment I don't think I have time. If your
simple fix works though, then that sounds good.