    SubjectRe: Random file I/O regressions in 2.6
    Andrew Morton wrote:

    > Sorry, I do not understand that paragraph at all.
    > All forms or pagecache population need to examine the pagecache to find out
    > if the page is already there. This involves pagecache lookups. We want
    > the read code to "learn" that the requested pages are all coming from cache
    > and to stop doing those lookups altogether.

    Yeah I think I have an idea of what the basic problems are,
    but I'd have to understand things better before I know if I
    am really on the right track.

    My idea would probably also involve redoing some of the code
    code too, so at the moment I don't think I have time. If your
    simple fix works though, then that sounds good.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.020 / U:15.644 seconds]