    SubjectRe: Load hid.o module synchronously?
    On 04 May 2004 22:49:56 -0400 "Patrick J. LoPresti" <patl@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

    | Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> writes:
    |
    | > On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 05:56:48PM -0400, Patrick J. LoPresti wrote:
    | >
    | > > But what if it fails to bind? For example, what if an error occurs?
    | > > Or what if the keyboard is on the module's blacklist? How do I know
    | > > when to stop waiting?
    | >
    | > You do not, sorry.
    |
    | That is disappointing. I mean, I deal with Microsoft products a lot,
    | where "unreliable by design" is normal. But I expected better from
    | Linux.

    It's just a different model than what you are looking for.

    The hid (or whatever) driver supports a hotplug environment.
    It cannot know what device(s) are expected to be present
    or just which ones you are looking for.

    If it's a huge problem, you have the source code, modify the
    driver to do what you want it to do.

    --
    ~Randy