SubjectRe: Software based unplug of USB device?
On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 12:21:20PM +0200, Joerg Pommnitz wrote:
> Hello listees,
> we are struggling with a 3rd party USB device. It comes with its own
> firmware and its own Linux USB serial drivers.

Which device and driver is this? Do you have a pointer to the driver?

> Unfortunately the
> communication between the device and the user application seems to break
> down from time to time. This situation can easily be resolved by
> unplugging and then re-plugging the device. Unfortunately this requires
> manual intervention.
> While resolving the real issue would be the preferred way to deal with
> this problem, we would settle for a way to do a software unplug/re-plug.

Do you want to do this from within the kernel, or from userspace? If
from within the kernel, you should be able to drop the power to a hub
port and reenable it, but I haven't checked to see if that works in a
long time.

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:2.150 / U:0.016 seconds]