    Subjectworkqueue and pending
    Hi

    We're trying to use the workqueue interface for scheduling a delayed
    gargage collector.
    Since we only need a single delayed thread we used the DECLEARE_WORK macro.

    The problem is that once we call cancel_delayed_work we can't schedule
    work again.

    Having looked at the code i noticed that cancel_delayed_work only
    deletes the timer but
    doesn't set clear the "pending" bit, thus any call to
    schedule_delayed_work is ignorred.

    Example:

    static DECLARE_WORK(tft, timeoutfun, NULL)
    .
    .
    .
    schedule_delayed_work(&tft, 1*HZ);
    cancel_delayed_work(&tft);

    <do some work>

    tft.pending = 0; / / if we dont clear pending no work can be scheduled
    schedule_delayed_work(&tft, 1*HZ);
    return 0;

    End example

    Setting tft.pending is a rather ugly solution - shouldn't it be cleared by
    cancel_delayed_work?, or are we using the interface in the wrong way?

    Cheers
    Mikkel

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.022 / U:31.492 seconds]