SubjectRe: Booting off of IDE while using different libata drives on same southbridge
Date
On Monday 03 of May 2004 23:19, J. Ryan Earl wrote:
> I am having a similar problem to what Markus Kossmann wrote about, but
> with the VIA Southbridge (Asus K8V). My situation is similar, but a
> little different. I would like to boot off a PATA drive attached to the
> Southbridge, but use libata for a couple SATA drives attached to the
> same Southbridge.
>
> Is this still not possible? I also tried hde/hdg=noprobe options, but
> they didn't help the situation. It appears the only way to get the
> drives on sata_via is to boot off of them. Am I correct in thinking
> this is the only way to go about this?

Did you actually tried it (booting off of them)?
[ I can't see how this can help. ]

Just don't compile-in generic IDE PCI driver which controls your SATA drives
(or don't load this module if you're using initrd).

> -ryan
>
> Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> >>Is there any chance to use sata_sil with that kernel configuration ?
> >>Or is recompiling with CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SIIMAGE=m or with siimage disabled
> >>the only option ?
> >
> >Yep.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Bartlomiej