SubjectRe: arch/ia64/ia32/binfmt_elf32.c: elf32_map() broken ia64 build _and_ boot
> This indicates a problem with the very first execve() and/or its shared
> libraries. It is likely that printk() of the arguments and results
> to elf_map() and load_elf_interp(), both in fs/binfmt_elf.c,
> will aid in finding the problem. This I would do, if I had hardware.

Since I see Andrew dropped the patch for the moment, I'm thinking that
the ball is back in you guys court. If you end up with some patch to a
well-known base (Linus rc or Andrew mm, say) that you'd like me to try
out, let me know. You might want to include the printk's of
args/results that you describe above, right in the patch, so I can
provide more rapid and useful feedback, should whatever be this
execve/sharedlib problem still persist.

Yes - I have the hardware - but I must ration my time on this patch.

Will this work for you?

I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability
Paul Jackson <> 1.650.933.1373