    SubjectRe: [RFD] Explicitly documenting patch submission
    Hi Linus,

    Since your intention is to produce a clearly documented path on where
    each patch came from so that in the event the "Crack Smokers" come at
    you for "stealing" code you have something to back up the community's
    claims of authorship. I am wondering if your proposal would be adequate
    legal protection.

    I am definitely not a lawyer, but it would be a tragedy if your proposal
    was adopted and in 10-15 years it was challenged and found not "to hold
    water" in the courts. I can just imagine some lawyer making an argument
    that this documentation trail is digital and therefore could be altered
    without leaving a trace or some other argument that lessens the
    integrity and legal value of the patch path information.

    Have you consulted with some liars about the legal fortitude of your

    What sort of legal protection will this provide in the event that it is

    Just a thought.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.022 / U:33.148 seconds]