    On Wed, 19 May 2004, Rob Couto wrote:

    > > Its seems to be a good discussion topic for me.
    > > I want to know how the Linux community reacts to this kind of marketing
    > > over the net and how can the subscribers be affected.
    > > I really want to know Linus's opinion about this.
    > > Cheers,
    > > Martin
    > more wetware cracking = more ignorant people being led around. someone should
    > issue a press release about carefully prepared press releases that do
    > something similar to stack smashing, but in brains.

    After Linus saying that the real creators of Linux are "the Tooth Fairy and
    Santa Claus" ( ), Andy Tanenbaum
    wrote Some Notes on the "Who wrote Linux" Kerfuffle
    ( ) and today made a follow-up
    ( ) telling what were the motivations
    of Ken Brown, President of the Alexis de Tocqueville Institution.

    Interesting readings...

    Anyway, I think this is kind of an off-topic theme for this Mailing List.

    - --
    Marcos Daniel Marado Torres AKA Mind Booster Noori -
    () Join the ASCII ribbon campaign against html email and Microsoft attachments.
    /\ Software patents are endangering the computer industry all around the world.
    Join the LPF:
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (GNU/Linux)
    Comment: Made with pgp4pine 1.76

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.020 / U:27.336 seconds]