    SubjectRe: [RFC] sysfs kobject that doesn't trigger hotplug events
    Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

    > You are wasting 4 bytes for every kobject out there. Just implement your
    > private hotplug callback that would return something like -ENODEV so the
    > hotplug helper would not be called. If needed you can call
    > kobject_hotplug
    > later, when you are ready.

    Actually for every kobj_type structure, not for every kobject. Doing a
    quick scan through the kernel I found 25 kobj_type decelerations so that
    would add up to 100 bytes only. And that could be made a byte or flags

    I wasn't sure if it was possible to create a subsystem that wasn't a
    part of the sysfs tree that contained kobjects that were. Looking
    trough the code again it looks like it is so I'll use the hotplug filter
    as you suggest.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.019 / U:52.568 seconds]