    Subjectprotecting source code in 2.6
    Hi All,

    We are developing a block device driver on linux-2.6.x kernel. We want
    to distribute our driver as sum of source code and librabry/object code.

    We have divided the source code into two parts. The os interface module
    and the device interface module. The os interface module (osint.c) has
    all the os interface functions (init, exit, open, close, ioctl, request
    queue handling etc). The device interface module (devint.c) on the other
    hand has all the device interface functions (initialize device, read,
    write etc), these don't use system calls or kernel APIs.

    The device interface module is proprietary source and we don't intend
    to distribute it with source code on GPL license.

    What we intend to do is, distribute the os interface module (osint.c)
    with
    source code and the device interface module as object code or library.
    The
    user will compile the os interface module on the target box and link it
    with the device interface module to generate the .ko (loadable module).

    We are not very sure of how to achieve this.
    Please help us address this issue.

    Thanks in advance,
    -Jinu

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.020 / U:212.780 seconds]