    SubjectRe: always store MODULE_VERSION("") data?
    On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 10:55:22AM +1000, Rusty Russell wrote:

    > +config MODULE_SRCVERSION_ALL
    > + bool "Source checksum for all modules"
    > + depends on MODULES
    > + help
    > + Modules which contain a MODULE_VERSION get an extra "srcversion"
    > + field inserting into their modinfo section, which contains a
    > + sum of the source files which made it. This helps maintainers
    > + see exactly which source was used to build a module (since
    > + others sometimes change the module source without updating
    > + the version). With this option, such a "srcversion" field
    > + will be created for all modules. If unsure, say N.

    I had to read the above twice to get the fact that it was added to all modules regardless.
    Move the second last sentence first, so the explanation comes after?
    Any reason not to enable it pr. default, at least to give it some exposure?

    > void
    > +add_srcversion(struct buffer *b, struct module *mod)
    > +{
    > + if (mod->srcversion[0]) {

    Why not checking the flag?

    Sam

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.036 / U:1.492 seconds]