SubjectRe: NFS deadlock
From
Jaco,

How are your boxes locking up, I have nfs in use every day,
does rpc die?

what kernel are you using?
and are you transfering linux to linux, or to some other platform.

The only time I had problems was when my client locked up
because I disconnected the server, and it hung the client,
the only solution (based on the way I connected), was to reboot.
To make matters worse, I rean a script that used du every day, and
so there were 12+ instances of du, all trying to run about.

I would suggest using a program like sysstat, or sar, to help you
analyse the issues at hand.

-sam