    SubjectRe: 1352 NUL bytes at the end of a page? (was Re: Assertion `s && s->tree' failed: The saga continues.)
    > renumber: can't read SCCS info in "SCCS/s.ChangeSet".

    Be aware that how BK does I/O is with write() on the way out but with
    mmap on the way in. The process which forked renumber has just written
    the file and the renumber process is reading it with mmap.

    If there are still any problems with mixing read/write and mmap then that
    may be a prolem but I would have expected to see things start going
    wrong on a page boundary and the one core dump I saw was page aligned
    at the tail but not at the head, it started in the middle of the page.

    I've told my team to drop this unless someone can show that it happens
    on other kernels, this smells like a kernel bug to me, if it were a BK
    bug we should have been getting hundreds of complaints by now. We can
    jump back on it if need be, let us know if you think it is a BK problem
    after all.
    Larry McVoy lm at

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.027 / U:34.604 seconds]