    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.6 "IDE cache-flush at shutdown fixes"
    Pavel Machek <> wrote:
    > > > It's a bit grubby, but we could easily add a fourth state to
    > > > `system_state': split SYSTEM_SHUTDOWN into SYSTEM_REBOOT and SYSTEM_HALT.
    > > > That would be a quite simple change.
    > >
    > > Like this. I checked all the SYSTEM_FOO users and none of them seem to
    > > care about the shutdown state at present. Easy.
    > Perhaps this should be parameter to device_shutdown? This is quite
    > ugly.

    Rather than a parameter to ->shutdown it would be better to add a new
    ->restart method to devices and IDE can implement one of those.

    I don't know if it's worth the effort though. Is any other driver likely
    to want to discriminate between reboot and shutdown?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.018 / U:12.364 seconds]