    SubjectRe: [Fastboot] Re: [announce] kexec for linux 2.6.6
    Christoph Hellwig <hch@infradead.org> wrote:

    > On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 12:37:27AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > > The (old) kexec patch I have here implements the API which is described at
    > > http://lwn.net/Articles/15468/. I doubt if it changed?
    >
    > That API looks sane to me.

    yup. Here's the syscall itself, btw:

    +/*
    + * Exec Kernel system call: for obvious reasons only root may call it.
    + *
    + * This call breaks up into three pieces.
    + * - A generic part which loads the new kernel from the current
    + * address space, and very carefully places the data in the
    + * allocated pages.
    + *
    + * - A generic part that interacts with the kernel and tells all of
    + * the devices to shut down. Preventing on-going dmas, and placing
    + * the devices in a consistent state so a later kernel can
    + * reinitialize them.
    + *
    + * - A machine specific part that includes the syscall number
    + * and the copies the image to it's final destination. And
    + * jumps into the image at entry.
    + *
    + * kexec does not sync, or unmount filesystems so if you need
    + * that to happen you need to do that yourself.
    + */
    +struct kimage *kexec_image = 0;
    +
    +asmlinkage long sys_kexec_load(unsigned long entry, unsigned long nr_segments,
    + struct kexec_segment *segments, unsigned long flags)
    +{

    +struct kexec_segment {
    + void *buf;
    + size_t bufsz;
    + void *mem;
    + size_t memsz;
    +};

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.022 / U:32.316 seconds]