    SubjectRe: problem with sis900
    Date
    I have problems with sis900 driver too. I can only use the ethernet card in
    half duplex mode. At startup I get following messages:

    sis900.c: v1.08.07 11/02/2003
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 0.
    eth0: Realtek RTL8201 PHY transceiver found at address 1.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 2.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 3.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 4.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 5.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 6.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 7.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 8.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 9.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 10.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 11.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 12.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 13.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 14.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 15.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 16.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 17.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 18.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 19.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 20.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 21.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 22.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 23.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 24.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 25.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 26.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 27.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 28.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 29.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 30.
    eth0: Unknown PHY transceiver found at address 31.
    eth0: Using transceiver found at address 31 as default
    eth0: SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet at 0xdc00, IRQ 19, 00:10:dc:8f:a9:ac.

    It's a SiS900 PCI card, and not a Realtek.

    greets dominik

    On Tuesday 11 May 2004 20:28, mike wrote:
    > In kernels 2.6.5 and above (may affect 2.6.4 as well) there seems to be
    > a problem with the sis900 eth driver
    >
    > I have a sis chipset with integrated ethernet sis900 driver which has
    > always worked perfectly up to and including 2.6.3 (fedora)
    >
    > Now with both fedora 2.6.5 kernel and vanilla 2.6.6 eth0 does not come
    > up
    >
    > relevant messages
    >
    > sis900 device eth0 does not appear to be present delaying initialisation
    >
    > and from dmesg eth0: cannot find ISA bridge
    >
    > 2.6.3 works fine
    >
    > lsmod shows sis and sis900 modules loaded fine
    >
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.023 / U:0.812 seconds]