    SubjectRe: [2.4] NMI WD detected lockup during page alloc
    On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 12:27:34AM +0300, Oleg Drokin wrote:
    > In addition to what I have compiled in:
    > # lsmod
    > Module Size Used by Not tainted
    > ppp_deflate 4568 1 (autoclean)

    you may want to disable compression, this sounds like mm corruption and
    compression isn't trivial to handle in kernel skbs (though I doubt this
    is the problem but it's easy to disable).

    > ipt_state 1016 4 (autoclean)

    the hang while unloading this module may also be a sign of a bug in the
    module so it would be nice if you could reproduce also w/o the above

    If this still doesn't help then you can try to go UP again, SMP is
    harder at stressing the memory bus and see if it stabilizes. Other thing
    you can do is to remove half of the ram and see if it stabilizes to try
    to identify buggy ram slots.

    Overall it's unlikely the oops is useful unfortunately since that piece
    of the kernel is the most stressed ever, and it just signals random mm
    corruption. I assume this is the first time you've got the nmi watchdog
    oops, if you could get it again it would be more interesting, I'd expect
    next time you would get it in another place.

    hope this helps.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.020 / U:106.872 seconds]