    SubjectRe: ~500 megs cached yet 2.6.5 goes into swap hell
    Brett E. wrote:

    > Andrew Morton wrote:

    >>> pgpgout/s gives the total number of blocks paged out to disk per
    >>> second, it peaks at 13,000 and hovers around 3,000 per the attachment.
    >>

    >> Nope. pgpgout is simply writes to disk, of all types.
    >
    > That is what is confusing me.. From the sar man page:
    >
    > pgpgin/s
    > Total number of kilobytes the system paged in from disk per second.
    >
    > pgpgout/s
    > Total number of kilobytes the system paged out to disk per second.

    Anyone know what I should believe? Sar's pgpgin/s and pgpgout/s tell me
    that it is paging in/out from/to disk. Yet pswpin/s and pswpout/s are
    both 0. Swapping and paging are the same thing I believe. pgpgin/out
    refer to paging, pswpin/out refer to swapping. So I for one am confused.

    I guess I could dig through the source but I figured someone might have
    encountered this disrepency in the past.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.021 / U:59.008 seconds]