SubjectRe: ~500 megs cached yet 2.6.5 goes into swap hell
Brett E. wrote:

> Andrew Morton wrote:
>>> pgpgout/s gives the total number of blocks paged out to disk per
>>> second, it peaks at 13,000 and hovers around 3,000 per the attachment.
>> Nope. pgpgout is simply writes to disk, of all types.
> That is what is confusing me.. From the sar man page:
> pgpgin/s
> Total number of kilobytes the system paged in from disk per second.
> pgpgout/s
> Total number of kilobytes the system paged out to disk per second.
Anyone know what I should believe? Sar's pgpgin/s and pgpgout/s tell me
that it is paging in/out from/to disk. Yet pswpin/s and pswpout/s are
both 0. Swapping and paging are the same thing I believe. pgpgin/out
refer to paging, pswpin/out refer to swapping. So I for one am confused.

I guess I could dig through the source but I figured someone might have
encountered this disrepency in the past.