    SubjectRe: ext3 inode cache eats system, news at 11
    On 04/26/04 23:02:37, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > Nick Piggin <> wrote:
    > >
    > > Andrew Morton wrote:
    > >

    > > > is not a completely happy solution, but it should fix things up.
    > >
    > > Another thing you could be doing is not zeroing swapper->nr
    > > if the shrinker function doesn't do anything, in order to try
    > > to maintain pressure on the dcache. This would be similar to
    > > your deferred list idea.
    > Am now doing this.

    Hi Andrew,

    I've been fighting a similar problem to this one on a SpecSFS setup
    that Im running and it seems that this patch fixes it. While I was
    trying several other patches at the time (all of them not dcache
    related) and its hard right now to measure the exact improvement
    percentage, I would guess that these patches provides at least a
    11% improvement on my 64GB machine.

    BTW: I was using JFS on my setup.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.022 / U:89.672 seconds]