SubjectRe: 2.6.6-rc2-bk3 (and earlier?) mount problem (?
Replying to viro@parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk:
> ... without saying anything?

Actually, it puts corresponding messages into /var/log/evms-engine.log

> Well, AFAICS that means
> a) either kernel side of the things or the userland tools should
> printk/syslog - at least that evms device had been set up
> b) any distribution that runs this from initrd/init scripts would
> better take care of having sane fstab.
> c) nobody sane should put that as default. Oh, wait, it's gentoo
> we are talking about? Nevermind, then.

I think it is a really minor problem, comparing to others we sometimes
have. It has many solutions, for example, we can create
native device nodes in /dev/evms (or map on top of partitions).

There's a reason why this problem never arised before in such manner.
Traditional evms audience is server admins, and most of them configure
their boxes that disks other than with they /dev/root are
"evms-native" in some manner, and excluding their /dev/sda from evms
scan.

So for now, correct solution would be correct exclude device list, and
maybe distributions shipping evms will do this.

--
Paul P 'Stingray' Komkoff Jr // http://stingr.net/key <- my pgp key
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head