SubjectACPI broken on nforce2?
Hi,

we once had this subject a bit, but it doesn't seem to be fully
resolved. It is still about the C1 halt state. Perhaps you remember me
having trouble getting low idle temps with my nforce2 and Athlon XP.
WIth a previous kernel I could get them back using agpgart and nvidia
binary. But now (2.6.6-rc2-mm1) even using the open source nvidia
driver, idle temps seem to do whatever they like (no matter if PIC or
APIC is used). I really think that the C1 state isn't called properly.
(cpu disconnect is activated)

cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/power
active state: C1
default state: C1
bus master activity: 00000000
states:
*C1: promotion[--] demotion[--] latency[000]
usage[00000000]
C2: <not supported>
C3: <not supported>

You told that the usage probably keeps 0 as it is not counted. But this
makes me wonder: Yesterday with I tried acpi=force on a board with VIA
MVP3 chipset. The bios is from 2000 and guess what, here C1 and even C2
semm to be used properly and the usage is even counted. ACPI seems to
work better than on my nforce2...

So I wonder why on nforce2 C1 usage isn't counted. I now have the strong
feeling that is itn't properly called under some circumstances.

Should I open a bug report? If yes, what files do you need?

Thanks,

Prakash

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.248 / U:0.044 seconds]