    SubjectRe: Update on problems creating iteraid driver disk
    Date
    On Sunday 25 of April 2004 12:49, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
    > Le dim, 25/04/2004 à 12:48 +1000, Paul Gear a écrit :
    > > Hi folks,
    > >
    > > A while back i posted about trying to create iteraid driver disks for
    > > FC1. With the help of David Kewley's instructions
    > > (http://www.klab.caltech.edu/~kewley/driverdisk/dd.html) on using Doug
    > > Ledford's driver kit (http://people.redhat.com/dledford/), i managed to
    > > create a proper driver disk.
    >
    > Frankly if you really want to bother with ite hardware (the SII680 is
    > available here for the same price and is perfectly supported under
    > Linux) you should focus on getting their driver inside the kernel.org

    ITE docs are _publicly_ available unlike SiI ones.

    > sources.

    Yep.

    > ie make diffs, submit them to LKM, make the changes people request, etc
    > (ite is GPLed if I remember well).
    >
    > This may seem more difficult but remember the kernel is a moving
    > target : after six months you'll have spent more energy getting this
    > out-of-tree driver work than getting it in-tree now.

    Well, I still have ITE (libata!) driver on my TODO,
    but due to lack of free drives and time it is not yet done.

    Cheers.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.022 / U:88.412 seconds]