SubjectRe: stack dumps, CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER and i386 (was Re: sysrq shows impossible call stack)
Adam Litke <agl@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 18:41, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org> wrote:

> > > Good, but it needs to be updated to do the right thing with 4k stacks when
> > > called from interrupt context.
>
> The show_trace() for the CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER case will now be called
> the same way as the existing code.

I still don't see any code in there to handle the transition from the
interrupt stack page to the non-interrupt stack page in the 4k-stacks case?

> This brings up a question though.
> It doesn't appear to me that anyone is actually calling
> show_trace_task() yet. Am I missing something or should we change all
> the callers of show_trace() to use show_trace_task()?

You're right - we've killed off all of its callers. Neat. I shall
administer the coup de grace.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.098 / U:0.012 seconds]