    SubjectRe: vmscan.c heuristic adjustment for smaller systems
    Marc Singer <elf@buici.com> wrote:

    > On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 08:53:38PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > > William Lee Irwin III <wli@holomorphy.com> wrote:

    > > > I wonder if the ptep_test_and_clear_young() TLB flushing is related.
    > >
    > > That, or page_referenced() always returns true on this ARM implementation
    > > or some such silliness. Everything here points at the VM being unable to
    > > reclaim that clean pagecache.
    >
    > How can I tell?

    Well some more descriptions of what the system does after that copy-to-nfs
    would help. Does it _ever_ come good, or is a reboot needed, etc?

    What does `vmstat 1' say during the copy, and during the ls?

    /proc/vmstats before and after the ls.

    Try doing the copy, then when it has finished do the old
    memset(malloc(24M)) and monitor the `vmstat 1' output while it runs,
    capture /proc/meminfo before and after.

    None of the problems you report are present on x86 as far as I can tell,
    so...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.022 / U:0.760 seconds]