    SubjectRe: 2.6.5-mm5 wrote:
    > I have more results with DBT-2 on my 4-way Xeon system:
    > It doesn't look like the latest cpu scheduler work is helping this
    > workload. I've also made sure that the database was set to use fsync
    > instead of fdatasync so you can see if those fsync speedup patches are
    > offering anything with this workload too.
    > ext2 ext3
    > 2.6.5-mm5 2165 1933
    > 2.6.5-mm4 2180
    > 2.6.5-mm3 2165 1930
    > 2.6.5 2385
    > Mark

    Hmm, well the sched-less-idle patch is in mm5, which brought
    2.6.5-rc3-mm4 to 2320 on ext2.

    The only other significant scheduler changes since that kernel
    are in -mm5.

    So either sched_balance_context is causing a regression that
    counters sched_less_idle, or maybe it isn't a scheduler problem?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.032 / U:0.904 seconds]