SubjectRe: PATCH] Kconfig.debug family
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:36:30 +0200 Marc-Christian Petersen wrote:

| On Thursday 15 April 2004 22:52, Randy.Dunlap wrote:
|
| Hi Randy,
|
| > This patch:
| > - creates lib/Kconfig.debug for generic kernel debug options
| > - creates arch/*/Kconfig.debug for arch-specific debug options
| > - moves KALLSYMS to the generic kernel debug options list
| > This is a first cut for review/comments. I will double-check
| > the generic options list to see how it needs to be corrected...
|
| I really appreciate it. But I have one comment/suggestion:
|
| We might use lib/Kconfig.debug for all arches and use proper "depend on" if
| there is stuff for some specific arch only. So we have every debug stuff just
| in one file. What do you think?

Hi Marc,

That sounds like my first version (unposted), which failed IMO.
It looks OK if you/user does not enable viewing all flags/options
(in [xg]config -- I used xconfig). However, if those options are
enabled, you/user sees all config options for all architectures,
and I didn't find that acceptable. Feel free to disagree with me
and persuade me otherwise, because having them *all* in
lib/Kconfig.debug is nicer IMO.

The full patch to do this (against 2.6.5-bk2) is now available at:
http://developer.osdl.org/rddunlap/patches/kconfig_debug_265bk2.patch

if you or anyone else wants to compare how they look.

Thanks,
--
~Randy