SubjectRE: hugetlb demand paging patch part [0/3]
Date

> > Some caveats: I don't have sh and sparc64 hardware to test. But hugetlb
> > code in these two arch looked like a triplet twin of x86 code. So I'm
> > pretty sure it will work right out of box. I've monkeyed around with
> > ppc64 code and after a while I realized it should be left for the experts.
> > I'm sure there are plenty ppc64 developers out there that can get it done
> > in no time.
>
> To the extent that I understand your patches, it shouldn't be that
> hard to adapt for ppc64, with one caveat: on ppc64, unlike the other
> hugepage archs, the format of hugepage PTEs is not identical to the
> format of normal PTEs. So to do this for ppc64, the generic parts of
> your code will need to use a hugepte_t instead of pte_t - it can be
> typedeffed to pte_t on archs other than ppc64. Likewise there will
> need to be hugepte_none() and so forth macros.

I think it would be cleaner if ppc64 change its format instead of changing
4 other arch to accommodate ppc64. By the way, why do you need to special
typedef hugepte_t? pte for huge page aren't anything special on all other
arches.

- Ken

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.255 / U:0.420 seconds]