    SubjectRe: 2.6.5-rc3-mm4 x86_64 sched domains patch
    Andi Kleen wrote:
    > On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 00:14:19 +1000
    > Nick Piggin <nickpiggin@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

    >>Where is STREAM versus other kernels? You said you got
    >>best performance on a custom 2.4 kernel. Do we match
    >>that?
    >

    > Differences were below the measurement error, so I consider it fixed.

    great.

    >>How is your performance for other things? I recall you
    >>may have told me about some other (smaller) issues you
    >>were seeing?
    >

    > I haven't tested much yet. I can compare kernel compilations later.

    That would be good. I don't expect you to do all the work,
    but Opteron being a non traditional NUMA, and me doing most
    of my testing on an old NUMAQ makes them quite important.

    Even if you just got some results for a couple of random
    benchmarks would be great.

    > Also I'm still somewhat hoping that the IBM benchmark team will take a stab at
    > it - they are much better than me at running many tests.

    Well we've survived OSDL's STP tests as far as I know. A
    couple of regressions were found and fixed there, so that
    was good.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:3.005 / U:0.008 seconds]