    SubjectRe: reiser4 and megaraid problems with debian 2.6.5
    Date

    On Apr 14, 2004, at 11:05, Domenico Andreoli wrote:

    > [ bringing this also on reiserfs ml, a great place for this kind
    > of posts. this is also the reason of the full quoting. sorry ]

    Thanks ;-)

    >> I am using the debian prepared kernel with the debian reiser4 patch. I
    >> made a cursory examination of the patch, and it appears to correlate
    >> fairly closely with the patch from the namesys site.
    >
    > you forgot to specify version of the patch you are talking about,
    > currently debian provides two versions. anyway i suppose you are
    > talking
    > about version 20040326-2, aren't you?

    Yes, that is correct.

    >> If I can help debug this situation (I am probably the only person
    >> trying this combination :-) please let me know how I should go about
    >> it.
    >
    > i'm sorry but i can't help further.

    Thanks for the tip... the link that you referred to was most useful. I
    might now have an idea what the problem might be... Further on in the
    thread <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=reiserfs&m=108117079808733&w=2>
    it says that there is something in the patch that "can lead to a
    dirtied_when in the future, and missed writeback". Well, what happens
    if the directory that I am missing was in that writeback that got
    missed?

    I will try updating the debian patch myself and give it another test
    tonight and will report back on my findings. But, before I do so, does
    it seem likely that this could cause the problem?

    Cheers,
    Paul

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.024 / U:60.788 seconds]