Subjectreiser4 and megaraid problems with debian 2.6.5
Date
Hi all,

I would like to report on a problem that I am having. I am just testing
out the new megaraid unified driver, and have been doing some baseline
testing with bonnie++.

My problem is that, although reiserfs, ext2, jfs and xfs all work,
reiser4 fails with the following error:
---
Can't write block.
Bonnie: drastic I/O error (write(2)): No such file or directory
---

I am using the debian prepared kernel with the debian reiser4 patch. I
made a cursory examination of the patch, and it appears to correlate
fairly closely with the patch from the namesys site.

Given that this works with reiserfs, ext2, jfs and xfs it would appear
to be a reiser4 problem, however ext3 also fails, though with a
different error, it claims that the disk is full, but it is trying to
write a 2 1GB files onto a 2.5GB filesystem, so it should have enough
room, and indeed it did even work two or three times out of about 10
runs (lots of timing :-). This implies that it might be a megaraid
problem. As you can tell, I really have no idea ;-)

I will try playing around tonight with an official kernel and the
official reiser4 patch to see if that makes any difference, but would
just like to raise this potential problem sooner rather than later.

If I can help debug this situation (I am probably the only person
trying this combination :-) please let me know how I should go about
it.

Cheers,
Paul

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.567 / U:0.572 seconds]