    SubjectRe: Rewrite Kernel
    Rob Couto <rpc@cafe4111.org> writes:

    > On Wednesday 07 April 2004 08:54 am, you wrote:
    > > i wanna to rewrite a version of linux kernel from scratch in assembly for
    > > intel 386+ fo speed and a libc also in assembly for speed what do u think
    > > guys
    >
    > maybe you'd have fun with the LinuxBIOS crowd
    > www.linuxbios.org

    Likely just the opposite. We have written a C compiler that does not
    implicitly use memory. Having had to reinvent the wheel a feel times
    because of where we are working, it is clear that tools are your friend.

    There is no shame in rewriting something when what exists does not work
    for you and it matters. If your rewrite happens to be significantly faster
    than the broken version that is just a plus. :)

    Eric

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:4.181 / U:0.432 seconds]