SubjectRe: ATARAID/FakeRAID/HPTRAID/PDCRAID as dm targets?
Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Jeff Garzik wrote:
>
>>Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:

>>>Jeff: May I request your docs?
>>
>>Unfortunately not, but I can get you in touch with somebody at Promise
>>who can. They're definitely interested in working with the open source
>>community. Not public...
>

> Could you please send me the contact information via private mail?
> Thanks.

Will do.

>>>I'll use your work as a foundation. First step is integrating detection
>>>for non-HPT arrays. If the code looks too messy after that, I still can
>>>refactor it.
>>>
>>>As soon as I have some code to get at least PDCRAID working, I'll post
>>>again.
>>

>>Feel free to ask me questions, too.
>

> OK. First question: calc_pdcblock_offset calculates the superblock
> location based on capacity, sectors and heads. However, the same machine
> which showed 255 heads under Kernel 2.4 now shows only 16 heads and some
> of the hardcoded location calculation routines may fail. Is there a
> userspace generic method for finding the right sector?
> (It works sometimes for me.)

The standard method one uses to calculate cyl/head/sect in ATA, AFAIK.
If that changes between 2.4 and 2.6, that sounds like a bug unrelated to
the code you're writing...

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.075 / U:0.584 seconds]