SubjectRe: disable partitioning!
Hello Jinu.

> We are writing a block device driver for 2.4.x kernel.
> I want to know how to indicate to the filesystem that our block driver does not support partitions.
> I mean fdisk should not be allowed on disks supported by our block driver.

You can run fdisk on a file if you want to, it doesn't care what type of
block device it is. What you're really asking for is a way to make the
kernel not read the partition table if it exists on the device and
that's something else.

That is also something that the filesystem doesn't handle. Filesystems
are systems that handle files (heh).

// Stefan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.032 / U:0.180 seconds]