SubjectRe: [Announce] Emulex LightPulse Device Driver
Smart, James wrote:
> All,
>
> Emulex is embarking on an effort to open source the driver for its
> LightPulse Fibre Channel Adapter family. This effort will migrate Emulex's
> current code base to a driver centric to the Linux 2.6 kernel, with the goal
> to eventually gain inclusion in the base Linux kernel.
>
> A new project has been created on SourceForge to host this effort - see
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/lpfcxxxx/ . Further information, such as the
> lastest FAQ, can be found on the project site.
>
> We realize that this will be a significant effort for Emulex. We welcome any
> feedback that the community can provide us.

I wish to just tell you that I think you're doing the Right Thing(TM).

There are people that don't buy hardware for which the source isn't
either available or included in the standard kernel, even if there
are more patches or newer driver versions external to the main tree.

Good work and good luck!

// Stefan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.609 / U:0.008 seconds]