    Subject[Announce] Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 802.11b driver
    I am pleased to announce the launch of an open source development project for
    the Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 miniPCI network adapter. The project has been
    created and is hosted at http://ipw2100.sf.net.

    The driver, as it currently stands, is able to associate and communicate in
    Infrastructure mode. Support for both 2.4 and 2.6 is available. We are
    releasing this driver now as "early beta" code to get feedback and help
    in the development, so expect bugs (and please report them)! Of course
    Intel will continue the effort (as part of this Open Source project).
    We are planning to add support of all key wireless features (adhoc, WEP, etc)
    over the next few months, quicker with help from others in the community.

    NOTE: Let me reiterate -- this driver is in active development. Features and
    capabilities available on other operating systems have not all been implemented
    at this time. This includes wireless features (adhoc, wep) as well as
    performance and power savings.

    I look forward to working with the community to improve and enhance the driver.
    So if you have an Intel wireless 802.11b miniPCI network adapter in your
    laptop... download the bits, give it a whirl, and let me know how it goes.
    Please also let us know if you encounter any problems that may be related to
    specific distributions.

    Thanks,
    James Ketrenos

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.075 / U:29.700 seconds]