    SubjectRe: Nokia c110 driver
    On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 01:22:26 +0200 Kliment Yanev wrote:

    | Randy.Dunlap wrote:

    | |
    | | I have no idea where these symbols live or come from.
    |
    | I found them! they are in the binary-only part of the driver but for
    | some reason they are not getting linked into the .ko file. I tried
    | linking them manually but then I get an "invalid module format"

    I looked there but didn't see such symbols (using 'nm').
    What did you use to see them?
    The strings that I see all seem to contain 16-bit characters.

    | | You know, it's possible that you could purchase a card that already
    | | works on Linux 2.6.... that might be a better solution than trying
    | | to use an unknown binary module.

    Well, Sam Ravnborg did post a patch in the last week or so that
    should help with (some) binary files... probably .o and not .bin,
    or maybe it doesn't matter.

    --
    ~Randy