SubjectRe: who is merlin.fit.vutbr.cz?
Hi!

> I can't tell if this is a DOS attack or someone with a REALLY slow net
> connection. Whoever this is has been cloning the linux 2.6 (aka 2.5)
> tree on bkbits so slowly that the tree is locked for days and can't
> be updated. About once a day I go kill the clone because stracing it
> shows it doing nothing.

Never explain with malice what can be explained by incompetence
as well :-).

> Anyway, we've suffered more than enough bad press so before I
> assume that this host is a rogue and filter them, does anyone know who
> merlin.fit.vutbr.cz is? If they really have that slow of a connection
> we'll burn a CD and Fedex it to them, nobody should suffer that much.
> But if this is just a DOS, we'll nuke 'em.

vutbr.cz is university in czech republic; duno what merlin.fit means,
perhaps its room at dormatory or something like that.

What kind of bandwidth do they use? You could also try to ping it and maybe finger/
telnet there to see what it is.

Pavel
--
64 bytes from 195.113.31.123: icmp_seq=28 ttl=51 time=448769.1 ms