    SubjectRe: Migrate pages from a ccNUMA node to another - patch
    Dave Hansen wrote:

    > Have you considered any common ground your patch might share with the
    > people doing memory hotplug?
    >
    > http://people.valinux.co.jp/~iwamoto/mh.html
    >
    > They have a similar problem to your migration that occurs when a user
    > wants to remove a whole or partial NUMA node.
    > lhms-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

    Comparing my stuff to their work, I just do some small performance enhancements:

    - I do not modify a single line on the existing VM paths - if my stuff has no
    improvement for you, then yo will not be obliged to pay any overhead
    - I do not insist on :-)) ... that would block the execution of the application
    while the resources are not available
    - I handle only the simplest case: private anonymous pages (...a singe PTE...)

    - IWAMOTO Toshihiro provides a complete "fool proof" solution with obligation to
    cussed in the migration

    > Is your code something that you'd like to see go into the mainline 2.6
    > or 2.7 kernel?

    Since someone is asking...

    Thanks,

    Zoltán

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.020 / U:58.528 seconds]