SubjectRe: Fw: epoll and fork()
On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Ben wrote:

> child can close an inherited fd without affecting the parent), simply
> because the only connection a process has with epoll is the file
> descriptor. I suppose if you think of epoll_ctl() and epoll_wait() as
> write()s and read()s on the file descriptor, then it makes sense that
> these operations would affect both processes.

Note that if the parent or the child does close an fd, this does not get
automatically unregistered from the epoll fd of the other task. An fd can
be unregistered from an epoll fd either explicitly with an epoll_ctl() or
implicitly when the use count of the underlying file* goes to zero.

- Davide

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.098 / U:0.348 seconds]