    SubjectKernel / Userspace Data Transfer

    I have a set of counters in a Kernel module that i want to export to a
    userspace application. I originally decided to use a /proc entry and parse
    the output whenever the userspace application needed this data, however,
    i need more than the 4096 that is allowed in /proc and i'm not too keen
    on parsing large chunks of text anyway.

    What i would like to do is copy these slabs of text from the kernel to my
    userspace application (whenever the application requests it). I've seen the
    'copy_to_user' function and it looks usefull, but have no idea where to start
    or how to use it :-/

    Can someone provide and example or point me in the right direction? Or is there
    a better place to ask this question?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:02    [W:0.023 / U:5.160 seconds]