    SubjectRe: [Swsusp-devel] lzf license
    On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 10:20:48AM +1200, Nigel Cunningham <ncunningham@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
    > I'm not sure what the verdict is in the end. Do we need changes to the
    > license? If so, could you send me a patch, Marc?

    I have no idea. I made an offer on how to change the license, if that
    isn't ok, I'd like to hear.

    On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 12:47:37PM +0100, Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz> wrote:
    > Linking BSD w/o advertising with kernel is okay, but it would taint
    > the kernel, and is bad idea w.r.t. patents, anyway. Dual BSD/GPL is
    > better way to go.

    Well, if there is any problem with relicensing the code as GPL, let me
    know. I offered to change the license to make this smoother, but lots of
    kernel code came from a bsd license and was relicensed before.

    If there are problems with that, I'd like to hear. I see no point in
    keeping the code out just because it isn't gpl, but I don't see a point
    in making the original distribution dual licensed for no reason. (and, as
    I said, there is lots of bsd-derived code in the kernel and I am _really_
    keen on getting rid of any problems that forbid relicensing).

    I am now back from the cebit and much more responsive, btw.

    --